Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday? I think NOT!

 
 
 
 
The wild turkeys of San Andreas are breathing a sigh of a relief now that yesterday has passed and are content that it is US who are stuffed and not themselves. Today is one of my fav days of the year. Why? you ask... well, it isn't because of the crass commecialization that commences and bombards us via radio and television commercials today. The large advertizing agencies can keep that little goodie all to themselves-- It goes without saying that tonight's newscast will have at least one headline story w/ interview of someone being stampeded while trying to outpush someone else to get that bargain that they feel entitled to that is calling their name. It's one of my fav days because... wait for it... Christmas songs begin today...on our radios... and tv's. I'm listening to Holidays & Happenings via Direct TV. It makes me such a happy girl.

I woke at 6 AM, Jeff was already up and on his computer (checking out the world scene while waiting for his French bread dough to rise) I walked into the kitchen to grab my creamer, then walked out to the living room, to our coffee station. While pouring my coffee and saying good morning to the indoor gang, I remembered. I opened the door to the computer room and asked Jeff if he knew what I was having w/ my coffee. What? he asked. Christmas music. He got that (O dear God) bemused look on his face. Exactly, I answered. Then happily glided down the hallway to the master bedroom and flipped on the tv. And there it was...

                         
                                        
                                             Perry Como singing I'll be home for Christmas


How can one not be happy while listening to Christmas music? Put aside thoughts of the count down to Christmas, gifts to buy, crowds, the holiday craziness.... fuh gedda bout it.... just enjoy the sounds, sights and scents of the approaching holiday. 

Some of my favs are:

(obviously) Christmas music
Salvation Army bell (corny but true)
holiday cookies
candles
fresh scent of pine
Christmas ornaments
holiday incense
eggnog
scissors cutting across wrapping paper
opening Christmas cards
Santa Claus
candy
Christmas lights
reindeers
Christmas tinsel
Classic holiday movies



                                                  I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus, Jackson 5




                                                 Baby it's cold outside, Dianne Reeves & Lou Rawls


So, go forth and conquer, my overly stuffed post Thanksgiving Day revelers and greet the
upcoming holiday madness w/ cheer and don't forget to check in w/ your inner child, it's the best season to be a kid again...

2 Comments:

At November 23, 2012 at 7:49 AM , Anonymous jeffrey said...

Yes, it's time for non-stop holiday cheer. It isn't about the gift, it's about the GIFT.
Figure that one out and you win a prize.
I, for one, will settle back and enjoy a stress-free holiday season with my Xmas Xazy girl.
Gotta love it.

 
At November 23, 2012 at 8:50 AM , Blogger c_wildswan said...

So, does the Xazy have a silent "R" ? Lol...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home