Saturday, October 20, 2012

what's in your box?


It's a fabulous Saturday morning; temps are checking in the mid 60's range, blue skies, sunshine.



I just finished watching The Pioneer Woman while taking a break from decluttering our living room. 


 


And thought I would take this moment to blog before I become exhausted and collapse into a heap after decluttering the living room, then beginning on the hall closet. A glutton for punishement, no doubt....



                                     Carol Burnett Show dental skit starring Tim Conway & Harvey Korman


After a week that began with a dental appointment that morphed into a week of dental drama Hell, I couldn't resist the above skit. I mean, at some point, you have to be able to sit back and be able to laugh about it...

Up early with Jeff this morning before he toddled off to work. Watched Blue Bloods on our DVR recorder. I love their Sunday dinner scenes as they remind me of our family when everyone gathers together on holiday/vacations.



                                                   Blue Bloods, behind the Sunday dinner scenes

After Jeff left I got busy with more decluttering. I have another 2 large bags of DVDs for Amanda, this follows the other 3 bags she claimed. From there I scouted up
paperback mysteries for Jeff's mom and have filled a bag for her. I have another 2 boxes of books and 1 box of VHS videos for the thrift store. Although, I have to say, I am somewhat apprehensive about this. A few days ago, our niece informed me that a local police officer, had contacted her about books discovered with my name on the inside cover. He was concerned that they may have been stolen from us. I called and spoke with him and assured him that they had been donated to a local library. Apparently, a familiar homeless woman had been seen looking through these and had taken some books for herself. I didn't have a problem with that (I mean the point of donating books is for them to find their way into the hands of someone who wants to read them). 

At the moment our living room soon to be casual sitting room/dining room is looking like it exploded from the pages of Libya Home Magazine. Boxes, half emptied shelves... the indoor gang jumping into the empty boxes, then jumping out at me as I pass by on my way from one shelf to another, provide entertainment (like I don't seem them).

But, I am making progress... and should begin painting in November. We'll be celebrating a late Thanksgiving on my Sutter Creek birthday get-away w/ the fam, so I don't have to worry about holiday entertaining amid the chaos.

Time to get back into the living room and finish filling up the boxes with what, I think, will be the last round of decluttering for that room...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home