Saturday, June 9, 2012

Movin' into summer




It's a lovely Saturday in the California Mother Lode. Blue skies, sunshine, a soft breeze. Temps expected to climb into the 80's later this afternoon.
We're excited to have our oldest granddaughter, Hali, arrive from Pleasanton, to spend her summer vacation with her dad in Arnold. We're going to be missing our youngest granddaughter, Landie, who leaves today for Oregon to spend her summer vacation with her dad.
Our indoor gang has gotten smaller as Mahjong passed away 2 weeks ago. Her sister Autumn passed away yesterday. Jeff buried her this morning between Mahjong and Bach near the pond.
Amanda called to tell me last evening that her and Dave's childhood Copper friend, Shane, 28, passed away unexpectedly in his sleep. So many of their inner childhood circle of friends have already passed away-- I wonder how such a small community can lose so many of their generation? It comes in cycles...
I've finished reading Dick Cheney's, In My Time, a memoir. And Steve Jobs' biography.
I think my BIG plan for today is clearing away the accumulated clutter in our den. Somehow during my time off for surgery this room (and most noticeably the marble-topped dining table) was designated the place to put things outta sight that we didn't know what to do with or just didn't want to be bothered with... time has come to clear it up and throw the excess stuff away. Yikes.
And, the dryer is going off. Time to take clothes out and put them away. I'm getting the idea where my day is headed. I think afterward I'll reward myself by scrapbooking online with Shutterfly-- updating family pics. But, first, I think I need a cup of coffee to get me motivated....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home