Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A fine kettle of fish, this is...


I'm making progress. Physical Therapy went great yesterday. What we discovered is that I am the current hot topic circulating our medical community as no one has seen these vac pouches adhered to knees before. On one hand, it's working impressively well regarding healing. On the other hand, it is very restrictive in working out as you heal. It's amazingly restrictive regarding movement. It's like having 3-layers of Saran Wrap adhered to your knees with the vac pouch on each knee, it does not bend well. The prob is, I think, you are very swollen when tape is intially placed on your knees, then as the swelling goes down, the tapes become tighter and shrinks. It reminds me of ... back in the 60's, in like say, Luckys meat department. Does anyone remember the meat packages going through the mini-conveyor belt as the meat tray came down the line, Saran Wrap was placed over, and then sealed into place? It used to fascinate me. Anyway, it's kinda like that.  Then when I look at my lower legs it looks like whoever applied the iodine need lessons in even spraying, it looks liks a bad spray tan job, which makes me laugh.  But, anyway... I have finished my second rotation of leg exercises this afternoon.
Yesterday, was the worst as far a range of motion, this being due to the tape shrinkage. However, I made a breakthrough, isn't that how it always works? You don't know how you are going to get past whatever obstacle, then you work your way through. After doing ALL of these range of motion exercises, which were beyond painful (I kept thinking of Ruth), due to being resticticed, later... everything seemed to be falling into place, and by this morning, my range of motion is back. I did peel very slightly the tape that was holding me back. Can't wait to have this removed Thursday afternoon.
It's funny how exhaustive workouts are... that and the combination of pain meds create, what I refer to as my narcoleptic moments. I'm wide awake, then find myself waking  up in mid movement, bizarre... but comical.



2 Comments:

At March 27, 2012 at 5:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this your exercise video...Great Choice!

 
At March 28, 2012 at 9:26 PM , Blogger c_wildswan said...

It's kinda how I visualize myself walking theses days...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home