Saturday, November 5, 2011

Savoring the moments



It's a perfect November weekend afternoon; temps in the low 60's, the air has a slight chill, the skies are gray and overcast. I'm kicking-back with an over-sized European coffee cup filled with delightful goodness; leftover Starbucks peppermint mocha heated on the stovetop with heavy cream and a splash of brandy added to it-  SO yummy and rich!
The house is wonderfully still and cozily warm. The indoor gang are spread out napping. I've finished my household chores and am enjoying some down time.  Hunter and Mahjong are adapting to indoor life, they're curled up together in a ball, on a dining room chair that's pushed in, so that they are beneath the table out of sight.
Jeff is working, but has called and said that tonight's menu is steak n bake with sauteed mushrooms served with a salad. I love that Jeff is such a great cook and enjoys it so wholeheartedly.  I think I show my gratitude by devoring everything on my plate, in sharp contrast, to the theory that something should be left behind as a reminder of etiquette and good breeding. My thought is that in this day and age it's a sin to waste food when food costs are so astronomical and Jeff's cooking so sinfully delicious.


                                                She's Everything I wanted by Brad Paisley


I'm in a country frame of mind this afternoon listening to Brad Paisley- who has new memoir on the bookstands.  I love this song as it reminds me of Jeff and how he feels about me. There's nothing better than having your husband as your best friend and all around best supporter.




This evening reminds us that winter is almost here as it's time to set our clocks back 1 hour- how did this time of year arrive so quickly?
I think it's time to find a book to read and hunker down under my plush plaid cranberry comforter in the master bedroom and relax along with the indoor gang who are looking blissfully content...

1 Comments:

At November 10, 2011 at 11:08 AM , Anonymous jeffrey kitchell said...

All I need in life is one good friend. Tag! You're it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home