Saturday, September 17, 2011

Past as Prologue


After a VERY stress filled week at work, it's wonderful to be schedule free today! No plans, no agenda, absolutely nada. Jeff left for work early this AM. Afterwards, I hunkered down with a cup of French roast in the den/libary to listen to Jacqueline Kennedy's 1964 oral history interview with Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr., on disc. There are 8 discs with companion book (that were released this week).
A fascinating insight to the Kennedy years for those of my generation who've lived through it. (Although, I have to say as Jackie's voice came on the disc, it gave me quite a start, I never realized how very similar her voice is to my mother's; inflections, tone, pauses, enuciation, everything- it was a surreal moment, to say the least).

                                                  
So, it's the indoor gang and me today. Perhaps, a blog entry on "Stuffy" later. I have the latest issue of Vanity Fair and Paris Review to read.  Maybe a movie, or two. A very low key day on tap.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home